It's that time of the year again - summer is almost here and we all have dreams of long, relaxing days when the kids can kick back and 'just be kids' again! As you begin to get ready for summer, I want to encourage you to create a Summer Fun List!
Types of Summer Fun Lists
Some people call this a 'Bucket List' and others call it their 'Summer Activity Guide'. Whatever you decide to name it is up to you! The main idea is to get a list of activities, books and places to visit all in one place -- and most importantly, get the kids involved in generating ideas on what they hope to do this summer!
You can create many types of lists - we've collected 40+ examples on our Pinterest 'Summer Bucket List' board.
Do what's best for your family -
- Maybe it's a list that's hand-written & stays on the fridge for when the kids are whining "there's nothing to do" :)
- Some families list activity ideas, cut them into strips, place all the strips in a bucket and then choose one out each day.
- Jen at Tatertots & Jello has an amazingly creative idea for your summer fun list (along with printable cards)!
Summer Fun Ideas & Activities
Wondering what to put on your list??!
- National Trust has a wonderful list of 50 Great Outdoor Activities
- Digital Reflections has a list of 100 FREE things to do with your Kids this Summer
- No Time for Flash Cards has put together a link list of more than 100 craft ideas for summer fun
- Check our Pinterest board of "Kids Books Worth Reading" for book lists and recommendations
And Kelly at Little Wonders' Days not only has a very colorful summer bucket list - but also a link to other lists that will help you generate a ton of ideas!
And make sure the list is something you can add to throughout the summer as more ideas come up!
A little planning goes a long way - enjoy!