Enjoy Autumn with these 50 FUN Fall Activities for Families – traditional items, unique experiences and seasonal ideas both kids and adults will LOVE doing together!
I’ve been trying to find a fun way to get all of our Autumn activities into one spot.
There’s always so much we love to do in the Fall and so much of it is nearby — apple picking, getting pumpkins, fall hikes, baking (and more baking)!
Last year, we created a fun and colorful Fall Fun printable list — but this year, I wanted something new.
50 FUN Fall Family Activities for Kids & Adults to do Together
I started with a list but it just didn’t feel right.
I was looking for something more visual, something the kids would want to read and choose from each week, something like a game.
And that’s when it hit me — why not make it a game?!
So Fall Family Fun BINGO was born 🙂
Unlike summer activities, many of these Autumn adventures can be found close to home – you might search for things like “apple orchards near me” and see what pops up if that’s something your family wants to try this Fall.
And no need to have the “What should we do today?” discussions — just look at the board to see what your options are for fun this week!
As you complete activities, your kids can mark them off (along with suggesting what to do next so they can score a BINGO!). My daughter wants to go for a black-out on the board 🙂
No competitions with this game — just a fun way to keep track of all the things your family enjoys doing in Fall.
And it’s so much nicer to look at that just a list!
To make things super easy, I thought I would share some details about our favorite Fall traditions, book lists and activities to inspire you to enjoy the season! I’ve also included affiliate links for items we love so you can see the details along with links so you can easily find Fall activities near me and activities you can do at home.
Fun Fall Activities Near Me
- Go apple-picking — find an orchard near me!
- Visit a Cider Mill – check out how to find a cider mill near me & these great books to read too!
- Go Leaf Peeping to check out the beautiful colors
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch to choose your pumpkin – once in every kids’ childhood, they should wander through a pumpkin patch with determination on finding just the right one! And then try to carry it back to the car 😉
- Get lost in a Corn Maze – find a corn maze near me!
- Attend a local Fall Festival
- Go on a Fall Scavenger Hunt – grab your favorite from these 18 Autumn & Fall Scavenger Hunt Activities
Outdoor Fall Crafts & Activities for Kids & Adults
- Create your own Leaf Maze – just rake leaves into pathways!
- Enjoy a Night Hike and see a who new world on Autumn evenings!
- Try a creative session as a family with these 15 Fall-themed Art Projects
- Rake the leaves and then Jump in the pile!
- Make a family craft with one of these 15 DIY Fall Garland Ideas
- Cuddle in front of a fire – make s’mores or hobo pies
For hobo pies, you need one of these cool Campfire Pie Iron Sandwich Cooker – we like the square ones because sandwich bread fits nicely. Try this recipe to make your favorite fruit pie (you can use any bread you’d like).
Fall Family Reading Sessions
- Visit your local library and stock up on favorite fall books! Browse our lists for a few favorites:
16 Classic Kids Books with Autumn Themes
Great Thanksgiving Stories for Kids
Then having weekly reading sessions with your kids with these fun ideas:
- storytime outside on a blanket
- book & apple cider sessions
- “read to your pumpkin” story time
- read a book for each item on the BINGO board
Fall Science Activities
- Try these 7 Printable Leaf STEM Activities and learn about science, math and nature this Autumn!
- Explore the art & science behind Leaf Rubbings
- Try this combination science activity/writing tray for homework practice: Apple Tasting & the 5 Senses
- This is an easy & COOL one: make a Pumpkin Optical Illusion
- And we also have 10 Halloween Science Activities for you to try too!
Halloween Activities for both Adults and Kids
- Start a fun Countdown to Halloween with these printable games & activities! (you can do 13 day or 31 days!)
- Decorate or carve a pumpkin (try these 101+ pumpkin stencils for inspiration!)
- Get creative – make your costume for Halloween (here’s a few easy costume ideas)
- Go on a Halloween Scavenger Hunt with this FREE printable!
- Make one of these 13 Not-so-Spooky Crafts
- Get ready for the BIG event with these 5 Must-Do’s before Halloween Night that families can do together!
- Watch your favorite fall TV special — our favorites include It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and Garfield’s Halloween Adventure (“candy, candy, candy candy, candy!”)
- And here’s 31 More Halloween Activities for Families!
Fall Baking Ideas for Families
- Enjoy a cup of hot cocoa or warm vanilla milk (sprinkle a dap of cinnamon on top of it too!)
- My family loves these Awesome Apple Cider Pancakes || All Day I Dream About Food
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins || Nothing if Not Intentional
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Make warm apple cider in an apple! Fun idea to do before storytime sessions!
Fall Activities that Inspire Thankful Families
- If you’re looking for volunteer ideas, ways to give back to your community or other activites that bring family together, try a few of these: 30 Family Service Ideas & Random Acts of Kindness this month!
- Play this FREE “What’s on your Phone?’ Thankfulness Challenge for families! It’s a fun idea for a way to connect on the weekend, activity to do during dinner or with your extended family on Thanksgiving Day!
- Make a Gratitude tree or garland
- Donate to a local Food Drive or host your own neighborhood food drive
- Create a Nature Turkey Puzzle for Thanksgiving
Of course, I have a copy for you to print out and use too! Because what fun is it if I can’t share the Autumn Love 😉
Print out your own Fall BINGO board and have a few adventures this season!
We print ours on heavy paper like cardstock so it lasts through the season and hang it on the fridge for all to see — it’s a great way to think about how you’ll connect as a family each week even when things get busy.
You can also laminate the printable to keep as part of your yearly Fall traditions!
More Fun Fall Activities for Kids & Adults
44 Fun Fall Activities for Families