Indoor Winter Games for Kids
This week, I've realized that winter is coming.
Scratch that – winter is here (at least in most of the country).
The temperatures have dipped so low that getting outside is sometimes difficult even for a nature loving girl like myself.
So it’s always good to have some fun indoor activities ready & waiting – great for rainy days or frigid temps! And we thought it would be a great topic for the linky this week –
Discover & Explore Indoor Play and Games
Indoor Fun for the Family
Baby it’s cold outside and you’re stuck in the house with the kids – what’s a family to do?
Grab some paper or a dry erase board and some makers and you can play a fun, energetic winter game.
I’m sure you’ve heard of Charades and Pictionary, right! Well, this game can be used both ways.
Print out this free set of winter words and cut them into strips. Then put them all in a stocking, festive bag or hat so each person can choose which word they will draw or act out.
(Tip: If the kids are squirrely, I would definitely recommend the Charades version of the game to burn off some energy!)
Just in case you aren't familiar with the rules, each player chooses a slip from the stocking/bag and without sharing the word or talking, they must either act out or draw the word for others to guess. Whoever guesses correctly earns the next turn to choose a word.
Super easy, super fun & usually super funny!
I mean, have you ever tried to draw a ‘blizzard’ on a white piece of paper?!
Or act out the word ‘snow’?!
It will keep the kids thinking as they bend their brains to guess the right word or twist their mind to think about how to draw each clue.
Indoor Fun for the Kids
Your turn! Share your ideas for indoor play & games at this week's linky. Our co-hosts have some wonderful ideas for indoor play too so be sure to stop by and visit them!
Make sure to visit all our co-hosts for more fun ideas this week:
Please read the following guidelines for sharing:
- Share family-friendly posts related to the weekly topic -- kids activities, crafts, recipes, nature outings, printables, etc.
- By linking up, you are giving me permission to share your post including one photo in our weekly feature post and on social media channels.
- Visit 2-3 other posts that have linked up, find some new ideas & meet new friends!
- If you'd like, grab a button for your post -- we love to share and want to find lots of great activities to highlight for you!
- Each of the host blogs will feature some of the outstanding posts the week following the linky!
December 18th - Winter
December 25th - No Linky -- Merry Christmas!