Pirate Day: Fun for Kids
Arrgh! It’s a day to act like a pirate, search for hidden treasure
and set sail on the high seas!
Get into Character
What’s a pirate day without some cool dress-up!
- Tie an old bandana around their head
- Put on an eye patch
- Make your own sword
- Use some make-up to draw a scar on their face
- Speak like a pirate today
- Color with Jake & the Neverland Pirates
- Here’s a great link for making your own pirate treasure map!
- Visit 123 Kindergarten to learn how to collect treasures like a real pirate!
- Have kids use their imagination (and maybe a blanket and pillows) to create their own pirate fort. Or, head outside with a old sheet and see if the can set up a sail in the yard!
- Food ideas:
- Here’s an AMAZING idea for a treasure map tortilla!
- Use plastic swords to make fruit kabobs
- Goldfish crackers are always a favorite (fish for the ocean and gold is what pirates search for)
Fun Picture Books
Kids will enjoy some of these pirate-themed books. Most area very tame for younger readers and we’ve included affilite links so you can check the reviews and details.
Great Pirate Read-Alouds (or books for ‘older’ pirates)
Take in a Movie, Matee!
For some kids, pirates can be a little scary. So, if you have a young one, try Jake or Peter Pan.
For more adventurous souls, here are some classic pirate films!