Kids will love the many areas of Legoland Discovery Center in Kansas City! From racing cars to testing out structures on the 'earthquake table', there's lots to do. You will learn about how Legos are made, enjoy two rides, a 4D theater show and some unique ways to 'play' with Legos - spend a morning or afternoon exploring, building and learning about Legos!
Before Your Visit:
- Make sure you bring socks if your kids want to play in the HUGE playarea!
- Check our 'Insider's Guide' for tips to enjoy your visit!
- Food is not allowed in the exhibit, but they do have a cafe if you need a snack during your visit.
Explore Legoland Kansas City:
- Lego Factory - The first room you visit show how legos are built. Kids will enjoy the moulding and painting areas. Make sure to get your height and weight in legos! And grab your souvenier lego before you head on to the rest of Legoland. You will not be able to re-enter this room once you leave, so don't rush thru!
- Kingdom Quest Ride - A fun ride for kids this age - take the quest to save the Princess! Five people can ride in one car, and each has their own 'laser gun' to earn points for fighting the trolls!You will only be able to ride this once during your visit!
- Duplo Village - a special area for babies and toddlers if you bring along younger siblings.
- Miniland - Stop by to see Kansas City landmarks all made from Legos! Watch the room as it goes from day to night - with some very cool changes! Kids can also play some games at the sports stadiums, so keep an eye out!
- Play Area - decorate with Police & Fire themes, this is an amazingly large play area where kids can climb, slide and swing. Socks required! Kids also must be between 3' and 4'9" in order to enter.
- Lego Racers - Like to race cars? Build and race your own lego car on a variety of race tracks.
- 'Friends' Karoke - Girls will love this brightly decorated area, with pastel legos and a stage with microphones for karoke!
- 4D Theater - Four different shows run every 15 minutes or so, all in 4D! Be prepared for a fun experience - you can ask staff members about shows so you can see more than one of them during your visit.
- Master Builder Academy - Spend some time learning from a Master Builder in this short class that's offered at various times throughout the day.
- Merlin's Apprentice Ride - The second ride in Legoland takes you for a spin in the air - some restrictions will apply so read before you ride.
- Lego Cafe - stop for a quick snack to re-fuel for more fun!
Create with Legos:
- Try creating some fun Lego structures - check our Fun with Legos board on Pinterest for some cool ideas!
- Challenge everyone in the family to a Lego creation contest - see who comes up with the best idea!
- Want even more ideas? Check out the Lego Ideas Book:
While you're at Crown Center, you would also enjoy: