Grab some apples or carrots and come out to feed the elk and bison! Located right here in Kansas City, Fleming Park is home to these amazing animals. The deer, elk and bison herds will come up to the fence to eat and visit.
Before Your Visit:
- Bring a camera for come great pictures!
- If you want to feed the animals, bring some small apples or long carrots (with the green on top) and you can carefully feed them through the fence.
- The animals have a large area in which they live so you might want to bring binoculars to in case they are in the back of the enclosure.
Explore the Native Hoofed Animal Enclosure:
- Make sure to check the lake area and along the tree lines when looking for animals - sometimes they are in the shade.
- Walk along the fence line to get a closer look. Many times the animals are grazing or resting in the front of the enclosure.
- Make sure to be respectful when visiting - don't litter, and don't scare the animals.
Learn More about Bison & Elk:
- Hear what sounds a bison makes and learn some cool facts about bison.
- Learn some interesting information about Elk.
For more places to see native animals, visit:
- Burr Oak Woods Nature Center
- Kansas City Zoo
View Native Hoofed Animal Enclosure in a larger map