Silver Tree Visual Arts is a place where kids will explore REAL art! I love their motto -- "Not Crafts, Creative Thinking". Kids will enjoy weekly classes in painting, pottery or drawing; attend a creative workshop or explore a new art technique during a summer camp. Birthday parties and special seasonal events are also offered throughout the year!
Before Your Visit:
- Check the schedule for dates/times of classes & events and be sure to register before your visit.
- Only kids are allowed in the studio -- parents are welcome to drop off or wait in the lobby.
- The art is very hands-on so dress accordingly!
Explore Art Classes & Events:
- A variety of classes are offered including:
Pottery (beginning at age 10)
- Students will begin to hone their artistic skills and start to choose which mediums they would like to use in their artwork. The instructors will help students to improve their use of the various tools and materials.
- Classes are kept small so the instructor can give more one on one with each student.
Kids will work at their own pace and will also begin healthy class critiques of their classmates artwork.
- A Gallery is hosted at the end of each session so kids can show off their work to family & friends!
- Special classes can be arranged for children with special needs, scout troops, homeschool groups & private lessons.
- Summer Camps offer a variety of opportunities to explore new art techniques!
- Parties are 1.5 hours and kids can choose their own project (Name canvas, Rainbow Loom) or create a custom party.
- Silver Tree will provide the project, table coverings, forks, spoons, napkins & cups. You are welcome to bring any add'l decorations you would like.
- Parties begin at $15/child (with a $100 min.) and can host up to 20 kids.
- The Birthday child will receive their own t-shirt too!
Learn More about Art:
Kids will enjoy learning about the styles & techniques of 75 great artists along with art appreciation activities.
Wonderful projects and ideas for creating with all types of mediums!
Discover Art in Kansas City:
For more fun places to explore art around Kansas City, visit these locations:
- Explore various types of artwork during a visit to the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art.
- Enjoy a creative art session at Kaleidoscope!