What can you create with hot wax in a dark room? Come and find out at Kaleidoscope in Crown Center, a FREE hands-on art studio for kids of all ages. There are all kinds of projects to do, and kids can experience art sessions with their families or on-their-own.
Before Your Visit:
- Check the Kaleidoscope calendar for the dates & times of Family or Individual Sessions. Kids ages 5+ can attend Individual Sessions. Each session is approx. 45 minutes long.
- Plan to arrive early in the day to get tickets - they are first come, first serve.
- Remind older kids that there will be smaller kids in the room, and it may be crowded - so watch where you're going :)
Some of the projects your kids can enjoy include:
- Painting with hot-wax that glows in the dark room.
- Create your own picture on cardboard and make it into a puzzle.
- Create one of the 'seasonal' projects - sometimes a banner, a hat or a mask - projects change throughout the year.
- Use ribbon, stickers and die-cuts - along with markers to create a card or some other amazing picture.
- Explore the room - the crazy couch, the 'fun house' mirrors, the nail table - there's lots to explore.
- If your kids enjoyed making art, they may also enjoy exploring art at the Nelson Atkins.
View Kaleidoscope in a larger map