What's your favorite animal: sea lions, a polar bear or elephants? Come visit some of your favorite animals at the Kansas City Zoo. You can visit the tropical Rainforest house, climb into a huge ant hill and ride the Endangered Species Carousel.
Before Your Visit:
- Bring a snack for your visit - kids usually get hungry.
- There's a lot of walking so wear comfortable shoes and bring a stroller if you have young kids that might get tired.
- If you plan to ride the Skyride, bring a jacket or sweatshirt as it gets windy up there!
- Don't forgot your FOTZ card if you're a member.
Explore KC Zoo:
Kids love visiting the animals at the zoo - here are some ideas:
- Make sure to put your kids favorite animals on your list.
- You can get an up-close look at some animals in the Discovery Barn - and act like the animals by sliding, crawling and climbing. Make sure to visit the ant hill out back.
- Check the feeding times for the lorikeets so you can experience this fun exhibit.
- Watching Nikita (the polar bear) is lots of fun so make sure to stop and see him.
- If your kids like big animals, head to the Africa area of the zoo to visit giraffes, elephants and lions.
- Take some time to sit and watch the kangaroos - this is one of the best open-area exhibits at the zoo!
Learn More about Animals:
- Some favorite animal stories & series that kids will enjoy reading:
The Magic Tree House series have quite a few books about animals. Try "Polar Bears Past Bedtime or "Good Morning, Gorillas" by Mary Pope Osbourne.
- Kids will have a blast making a WILD picture of themselves online!
If your kids love animal-watching, visit:
View Kansas City Zoo in a larger map