Amphibians, birds and turtles, oh my! Come visit some of your favorite animal friends. See a 3,000 gallon fish tank, explore the many animal homes, watch a nature film or hike a trail at Burr Oak Woods Nature Center.
Before Your Visit:
- If you're planning to hike some trails, wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather.
- Check the Burr Oak website to see if there are any programs you want to attend before you visit (registration is usually required).
- Bring some water and a snack - there's a great place to sit and eat.
Explore Burr Oak Woods:
- Watch a nature film in the theater – different ones show each day.
- Find all kinds of fish in the 3,000 gallon (huge) fish tank.
- Explore all the animal areas to see who lives at Burr Oak Woods - frogs, turtles, snakes and more.
- Explore some of the hands-on exhibits in the kids area.
- Sign up for one of the nature programs or family programs.
- Enjoy some fun nature activities with the Winter 2012 family guide from Nature Rocks!
Visit other great Kansas City nature centers:
- Ernie Miller Nature Center in Olathe, KS
- Lakeside Nature Center in Kansas City, MO
- Prairie Oak Nature Center in Leawood, KS
- Schlagle Library in Kansas City, KS
- Martha Lafite Thompson Nature Center in Liberty, MO
View Burr Oak Woods Nature Center in a larger map