Hold a sea star or horseshoe crab, crawl 'inside' of a fish tank and watch sharks and stingrays swim over your head! SEA LIFE Aquarium has more than 5,000 sea creatures to see, along with interactive activities, a touch tank and play zone.
Before Your Visit:
- Take a look at our guide to "Preparing for Your Visit" before you go.
- There is NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY allowed at the aquarium.
- Kids too excited to wait? Take a look at some videos showing the sharks, rays and fish that you'll see at the aquarium.
Explore SEA LIFE in KC:
- Pick up a Quiz card on your way in to the aquarium and stop at the Quiz stations.
- Kids will enjoy the indoor waterfall as they view native fish from local rivers.
- A must-see is the touch tank where kids can hold a sea star, horseshoe crab and sea urchins.
- Read the walls to the kids - they'll enjoy the fun & interesting facts about fish.
- Make sure to see some of the 'bubble' tanks where kids can crawl 'into' the tanks to see the fish from a different angle.
- The Shipwreck Room feels like a scene right out of the movie "Finding Nemo" - kids will love exploring the many tanks in this area.
- One of the great highlights are the Underwater Tunnels - there is a large one and small one in clownfish room.
- Stop by the jellyfish tank to see these beautiful creatures.
- There's a Kid's tunnel behind tank in Stingray Bay - and glass platform above the tank. Look for the moray eels and stingrays.
- Stop at the play zone and sand table at the end of your tour.
- Have your kids explore some of their favorite ocean animals at National Geographic Kids.
"Over in the Ocean in a Coral Reef" is a gorgeous look at the animals that live around the reef. With counting, rhyming and a whole slew of creatures, this is a sure hit with kids!
Eric Carle's "Mister Seahorse" is beautifully illustrated, enjoyable to read aloud and includes some wonderfully educational information as well.
If you enjoyed the aquarium, you'd also like:
- Dining with the dinosaurs at T-Rex Cafe in the Legends
- Visiting the animals at the Kansas City Zoo
View SEA LIFE Kansas City in a larger map