Lions & Tigers & a Polar Bear, Oh My! Come out and see some of your favorite animals at the Kansas City Zoo. You can visit the tropical Rainforest house, climb and explore in Discovery Barn and ride the Endangered Species Carousel. Or come join the preschool club for some fun learning!
Before Your Visit:
- Wear comfortable shoes and bring a jacket (especially if you'll be riding the Skyride).
- Pack a snack and waterbottle to enjoy while touring the zoo.
- Don't forget your FOTZ card if you're a zoo member.
Explore the KC Zoo:
There is so much to see at the zoo! Here are some recommendations for preschoolers:
- Ask your kids about their favorite animals - make sure to put them on your list.
- Visit the Discovery Barn to see the animals, play on the slide and climb in the ant hill!
- Stop by the Rainforest at the Tropics building.
- Watch Nikita & Berlin (the polar bears) and the river otters swimming around their exhibits.
- Visit one of the aviaries to see some colorful birds up close!
- Ride the carousel (extra cost).
- Play a matching game of arctic animals online at the Museum of Natural History
- Play some interactive, online animal puzzles
- Now that you’ve visited some animals, let your kids make a WILD picture of themselves
- Read one of these great books:
Other places to see animals in Kansas City:
- Native Hoofed Animal Enclosure
View Kansas City Zoo in a larger map