Come and see animals native to our area that use to roam the prairies of the Midwest. Fleming Park hosts a 110-acre enclosure that houses bison, deer & elk. Walk right up to the fence to get an eye-to-eye view of these amazing animals.
Before Your Visit:
- One of the best parts of visiting is feeding the animals - bring some small apples or long carrots (with the green on top) and carefully feed them through the fence.
- Bring binoculars so you can see the animals if they are near the back of the enclosure.
- Don't forget your camera for some cool photos!
Explore the Native Hoofed Animal Enclosure:
- Sometimes the bison and larger elk hide near the trees - make sure to look near the lake and towards the back too.
- Walk along the fenceline to get a better look at some of the elk and bison that are grazing or resting near the front of the enclosure.
- Make sure to be respectful of nature when you're visiting - don't scare the animals and please don't litter.
Learn More about Bison & Elk:
- Great facts and video of bison!
To see more animals around Kansas City, visit:
- Kansas City Zoo
View Native Hoofed Animal Enclosure in a larger map