Visit one of the only stagecoach stops open to the public. Tour buildings from the 19th and 20th century, ride an old stagecoach and explore the farm. Learn more about where you would stay in the 1860’s and how pioneers traveled westward.
Before Your Visit:
Register to volunteer??
- Be sure to check the Events Calendar to see if there are any special activites you may want to attend.
- If you are a Homeschool family, register for Homeschool Days.
- We suggest wearing sneakers/closed toe shoes if you want to help with the animals or at the Blacksmith shop.
- ???onlinemap or anything/scavenger hunt?
- Tour the interactive kiosks in the Heritage Center and watch a movie "I Knew It was a Fine Country" to learn more about the Mahaffie family. Teens will also enjoy the telegraph kiosk.
- Stop by the Blacksmith's shop, put on and apron and googles to help manner some of the items.
- Enjoy a ride on the Stagecoach.
- Tour the original house (that served as a hotel) and assist with cooking on the cellar stove (again, time/day)
- Family Volunteer opportunities are also available! Kids ages 6 - 16 (accompanied by a parent) can dress in period clothing and become part of daily life on the farm.
View Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm in a larger map