Before Your Visit:
- Bring a camera - great photo ops! You are welcome to explore the rooms (please be polite to other diners) to take photos with the dinosaurs.
- Kids meals are for children ages 10 and under
- Consider attending an Educational Tour - older kids will love to learn about T-REX "behind the scenes":
- Tours are FREE and offered before opening from 10 am - 11 am seven days a week.
- Participants will learn about the sharks and fish in the tanks, learn about the animatronic dinosaurs and some of the 'special' features at the restaurant.
- Kids LOVE the Paleo Zone! For a small admission ($2.50) kids can:
- Spend some time at the Dig Site excavating dino bones,
- Explore the gemstones and caves in Mining Mania,
- Play computer games on the Paleo Screens,
- For an extra cost, you can also visit Discovery Creek to mine for gemstones, minerals or fossils.
- Stop by the shark tank and fish tanks to view the nice variety of marine life that call T-Rex home.
- Each rooms features different dinosaurs - there's an Ice Room with a T-Rex skeleton hidden in the wall! The Lava Room has a movie of an erupting volcano! And don't forget to head upstairs so you can see the giant octopus and Woolly Mammoth!
- Check the menu for a scavenger hunt - head off and find all the dinosaurs in the restaurant!
- Visit the Build-a-Dino® area to see how you can create your very own stuffed dinosaur.
- Browse the HUGE Dino Store for all things prehistoric! Maybe some Tar Pit Slime or dinosaur school supplies? Pressed penny machines are available too!
Here are some great books that can be read before or after you visit:
"Dinosaur Cove: Attack of the Tyrannosaurus" by Rex Stone is a fun early chapter series for dino-loving kids! Tom and Jamie find a secret passage to a prehistoric world where they discover dinosaurs!
"Dinosaur (DK Eyewitness Books)" by David Lambert - Kids love the DK series because of the wonderful photos and in-depth information. In this volume, the reader explores how dinosaurs looked and behaved when they roamed the earth.
Love dinosaurs? Check out these KC locations:
- Science City has a fun place to dig for fossils
View T-Rex Cafe at the Legends in a larger map