Before Your Visit:
- If you're planning to ride the bike on the high wire, wear sneakers.
- Get there early if you can - there are less crowds in the morning.
Explore Science City:
During your visit, talk to your kids about some of the basic science ideas as they explore. Many of the areas will have colorful signs that talk about the science principles that apply to the activity.
Some key places to visit:
- Ride the bike high in the air - you'll have to meet the height limit so check first.
- Vsit the Dino dig area - put on goggles and use brushes to 'dig' up dino skeletons.
- Take a walk through the cave and listen to the echo.
- Play some music in Melody Park - talk about the science of sound.
- Visit the animals and reptiles in the Animal Lab.
- Check out the house of illusions - is it magic or science?
- Find the slide in the sewer system, the chairs operated by pulleys and the alligator statue.
- Visit Science on a Sphere and see a huge model of the earth. The exhibit teaches kids about climate change, ocean temperatures, atmospheric storms and more!
- Check the website and your local tv guide for Dragonfly TV on PBS - a great show that introduces kids to fun science concepts.
- Try some of these fun activities and projects at Lawrence Hall of Science.
- Check your local library for upcoming science programs for kids.
- Visit the Natural History Museum at the KU campus in Lawrence.
View Science City in a larger map