Curious about animals? Burr Oak Woods Nature Center is a great place to explore and learn about animals. Watch some nature films, explore hands-on exhibits, take a nice hike and visit with the many animals who call this center ‘home’.
Before Your Visit:
- Check the program guide to sign up for one of the nature programs or family programs before you go.
- Make sure to bring water and snacks, especially if you're taking a hike.
- Plan to hike some of the trails (that's the best place to see some animals) so wear comfortable shoes.
Explore Burr Oak Woods:
- Watch a nature film in the theater – different ones show throughout the day
- Go letterboxing or geocaching.
- Take a hike on one of the nature trails
- Find all kinds of fish in the 3,000 gallon fish tank
- Do some animal watching - toads, snakes, birds, and many others.
Other Kansas City places to find native animals:
- Ernie Miller Nature Center in Olathe, KS
- Lakeside Nature Center in Kansas City, MO
- Native Hoofed Animal Enclosure, MO
- Martha Lafite Thompson Nature Center in Liberty, MO
View Burr Oak Woods Nature Center in a larger map