Silver Tree Visual Arts is a place where kids will explore REAL art! I love their motto -- "Not Crafts, Creative Thinking". Kids can enjoy weekly classes in painting, pottery or drawing; attend a creative workshop or explore a new art technique during a summer camp. Birthday parties and special seasonal events are also offered throughout the year!
Before Your Visit:
- Check the schedule for dates/times of classes & events and be sure to register before your visit.
- Classes are drop off so parents are welcome to stay in the lobby or return for pick up -- only kids are allowed in the studio.
- Kids will be involved in hands-on art activities so dress accordingly!
Explore Art Classes & Events:
- A variety of classes are offered including:
- Students will start learning about value, color theory and using contrast to create dynamic, interesting artwork. Kids will talk about perspective, art theory and learn how Master Artists such as Picasso and Monet became who they were.
- Classes are kept small so the instructor can give more one on one with each student.
- Kids will start exploring with different mediums and learn the proper ways to use them.
- A Gallery is hosted at the end of each session so kids can show off their work to family & friends!
- Special classes can be arranged for children with special needs, scout troops, homeschool groups & private lessons.
- Summer Camps offer a variety of opportunities to explore new art techniques!
- Parties are 1.5 hours and kids can choose their own project (Name canvas, Rainbow Loom) or create a custom party.
- Silver Tree will provide the project, table coverings, forks, spoons, napkins & cups. You are welcome to bring any add'l decorations you would like.
- Parties begin at $15/child (with a $100 min.) and can host up to 20 kids.
- The Birthday child will receive their own t-shirt too!
Learn More about Art:
A child who thinks she can't draw receives wise words from her teacher "just start with a mark and see where it takes you" in this wonderful story of encouragement and finding your inner creative!
Tons of ideas for creating with all types of mediums.
Discover Art in Kansas City:
For more fun places to explore art around Kansas City, visit these locations:
- Kids will enjoy explore more about Master Artists and seeing various types of artwork during a visit to the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art.
- Kaleidoscope hosts free family art session throughout the year for creative kids!