Got kids who love to build with Legos? Than a trip to Legoland Discovery Center in Kansas City will thrill them! Kids will explore the many areas - from rides to a 4D movie to learning how to build from a Lego Master. There's also a HUGE play area, Lego racers, an earthquake table and the Lego Factory room where you can learn how Legos are made.
Before Your Visit:
- Make sure you bring socks if your kids want to play in the HUGE playarea!
- Check our 'Insider's Guide' for tips to enjoy your visit!
- Food is not allowed in the exhibit, but they do have a cafe.
Explore Legoland Kansas City:
- Lego Factory - Kids can learn thought hands-on exhibits how legos are made! You can also measure your height and weight in legos - great place for a fun photos! Pick up your own lego before you go to the next room!
- Kingdom Quest Ride - Help Lego Knights to save the Princess on this interactive ride. Younger kids should know that the ride is fairly dark, but very fun once you enter. Aim for the targets to save the Princess and earn points.
- Duplo Village - If you have babies and toddlers with you, they will enjoy this fun area with large legos and a special playplace.
- Miniland - An amazing room with Kansas City landmarks all built from legos. Stay in the room as it changes from day to night (with some fun surprises)! And make sure to stop by the sports stadiums where you can play games, like pinball.
- Play Area - decorate with Police & Fire themes, this is an amazingly large play area where kids can climb, slide and swing. Socks required! Kids also must be between 3' and 4'9" in order to enter.
- Lego Racers - build and race your lego car in this great racetrack area! Lots of places to test your car.
- Earthquake Table - stop by the table, build a structure and see if it can withstand an earthquake - push a button and watch the table shake!
- 'Friends' Karoke - a colorful area with pastel legos, if you have a singer or performer in your family, they will love the karoke area where they can be a star!
- 4D Theater - Four different shows run every 15 minutes or so. The movies are 4D - meaning you will not only 'see' a cool show, but you will also 'feel' some fun things!
- Master Builder Academy - take some time out of all the playing to learn some fun building tips from a Master Builder! Workshops take place throughout the day - just stop by to join in!
- Merlin's Apprentice Ride - Hop into a broomstick car and fly above the visitors at Legoland! Kids must be at least xxx tall in order to ride (and read the restrictions before you enter).
- Lego Cafe - Need a break and a snack? Stop by the cafe area for lunch or a quick snack. The cafe offers a Kids Lego box with sandwich, drink & chips (along with a surprise).
Create with Legos:
- Try creating some fun Lego structures - check our Fun with Legos board on Pinterest for some cool ideas!
- Challenge everyone in the family to a Lego creation contest - see who comes up with the best idea!
- Want even more ideas? Check out the Lego Ideas Book: