Come visit one of the best nature centers in the Kansas City area! They have many hands-on activities, turtles, fish, birds, and some other animal friends. Watch a fun nature movie & read some great books in the preschool area.
Before Your Visit:
- You'll probably be walking the trails, so wear comfortable shoes and bring a jacket.
- Pack a snack - there's quite a bit to explore and a fun place to eat.
Explore Burr Oak Woods:
- Explore the preschool area to find books and nature artifacts you can touch
- Put your hand in the holes of the search-and-find boxes to see what you discover
- Watch the turtles swim and crawl on the rocks
- See lots of fish in the 3,000 gallon tank
- Talk a walk on one of the hiking trails and see if you find any animal friends.
- Have Mom or Dad sign the kids up for one of the cool preschool programs!
- Learn about animal tracks, leaves and other great things in this fun activity book from Discover the Forest.
- Explore nature activities and more with these great books:
Visit other great Kansas City nature centers:
- Ernie Miller Nature Center in Olathe, KS
- Lakeside Nature Center in Kansas City, MO
- Prairie Oak Nature Center in Leawood, KS
- Schlagle Library in Kansas City, KS
- Martha Lafite Thompson Nature Center in Liberty, MO
View Burr Oak Woods Nature Center in a larger map