Visit your favorite farm animals, explore playgrounds, draw on slates at the old schoolhouse or watch 'farmers' milk a cow. There are also prairie dogs, pony rides and a barn slide. With so much to do at Deanna Rose, your kids won’t want to leave!
Before Your Visit:
- Wear comfortable shoes - you do a lot of walking!
- Bring water bottles & snacks
- Bring quarters to buy feed for the animals.
- Don't forget your camera.
- Read one of these great books before you visit:
Explore Deanna Rose Farmstead:
Pick up a map when you enter the Farmstead.
- NEW THIS YEAR: The Educational Pavilion (located near the General Store) will host FREE public programs at 11am, 1pm & 3 pm daily. Programs will highlight turn-of-the-century farmlife and be interactive for kids.
- Explore one of 3 kids playground areas.
- Try the Barn slide and then watch the rabbits hop around their home.
- Visit your favorite farm animals - there are chickens, turkeys, cows, pigs, goats, horses and many others!
- Ride the pedal tractors.
- Visit the chicken coop and feed the chickens.
- See the turtles and fish in the Koi pond - how many turtles can you count?
- Watch the prairie dogs dig tunnels.
- Tour the Dairy Barn to see calves, and milk a pretend cow! Staff also has milking demos at 9:30 am and 4:30 pm daily.
- Want to visit a real farm? Visit Shatto Dairy to see a real working farm
- If you enjoy historic towns, you'll love Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Missouri Town 1855.
View Deanna Rose Farmstead in a larger map