KC Edventures Guide for ages 3-5
Come and learn about a President's life. At Harry S Truman Library & Museum, you can dress like Harry & Bess did, make a campaign button, play some interactive games and make a sign with the famous "The Buck Stops Here" motto! Your parents will also be entertained - they can see a replica of the Oval Office as it existed when Truman serve and visit some exhibits about life in the 1940's and 1950's.
Before Your Visit:
- Visit the Truman 4 Kids page to find some fun games and activities that will help you introduce your kids to Harry Truman.
- Check the Events Calendar before you go.
Explore Truman Library:
- Walk through the disply on war and talk to kids about the photos and things like food shortages during wartime.
- See the replica of the Oval office and explain to kids that it's very similar to where the President works in the White House.
- Point out the 1940's kitchen display and talk about how it's different from your kitchen.
- Kids will enjoy pressing buttons and listen on the phones at the Whistlestop Tour exhibit.
- Make a paper desk sign with "The buck stops here" motto
- Create a campaign button, write a letter & sort mail.
- Dress-up like Harry & Bess in the reading & play area.
- See a replica of the Liberty Bell out on the lawn of the museum.
Learn more about Harry Truman:
- Visit the Harry Truman Home and become a Junior Ranger by completing an activity book of fun puzzles & games.
- Recommended Reads:
View Harry Truman Library & Museum in a larger map
Hours & Admission
Admission Special: Two tickets for the price of one!